Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday - My Collection of Treasures


What is your collection of treasures?  I'm not talking jewelry or a wine cellar, money in the bank or a fancy car.  I'm talking about the things that add to your life in positive ways - the treasures that often can't be seen but can so often be counted.

-family
-health
-friends
-laughter
-faith
-music
-creativity
-warm breezes in autumn
-memories of a great summer vacation
-a good book
-a soft bed
-lavender scented soap

I often think about the people I used to be over the years: the college party-girl, the tom-boy farm girl, the sorority sister, the newbie teacher, the severely depressed young adult.  Sometimes I regret being those people, but they all made it possible to be who I am today.  And they're a collection of treasures too.

No comments: