Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thankful Thursday


I'm bringing back the good ol' Thankful Thursday postings.  It feels like forever since I've written one.  Here's the list for this week:

-Mom had her gallbladder out this week, so I'm incredibly thankful that she is doing well, and is supported by everyone around her.  Our priest came to the house the night before to bless her.  Our friends have called to check in.  We're so blessed to come from such a great community.

-I had a tough week at work with one of my students, but I'm thankful that I'm supported by great supervision.  Things are looking up with him, and I'm thankful that he's happier too.

-I'm thankful that I have a roof over my head and my loved ones with me.  Watching the Chilean miners emerge from the mine after sixty-nine days was touching, and a reminder to have faith in humanity.

-I'm thankful that my recent car repairs weren't too expensive!

-I've got the coolest kids to support at the church.  It's so fun to go every Sunday and talk with them, encourage them, and be a mentor.  It's great to be able to share a skill with a younger generation, even if they aren't that much younger!

No comments: