Saturday, October 9, 2010

Westport Weekend

The last weekend of September, my grandmother and I planned a day trip to Westport, Ontario.  It's a pretty little town with touristy shops, a pretty little lakefront harbour, and just a really nice slow-pace feel.  I had never been, and it had been years since my grandmother had been, so it was a great choice. 

My grandmother and I used to road trip almost every summer.  We'd usually choose Tweed, Ontario, for pretty much the same reason we chose Westport - the little shops, the fun feel of the town.  I was really glad to be able to take this trip with Dodo.  Who knows how many we'll have left?


It was supposed to rain all day, but that didn't happen until after we were well on our way home.  It was a little overcast, but then the sun would peak through and it was beautiful.


Dodo sat on a bench overlooking the boat docks while I walked around snapping some pictures.  I love this little blue outfit she's wearing!


And on the way home, because I had the GPS and it takes you down every cowpath, we drove past this interesting shack with the fuel pump almost on the road.  Seriously, it's only about two feet from the road!  This is why I love road trips!

No comments: