Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Home Sick Wednesday


I had dental surgery yesterday - just a big, painful tooth yanked out - but holy crap my jaw hurts!  So I'm home today because my talking ability isn't the greatest, and that's definitely not the greatest when you're a teacher.  And it doesn't help that there's someone coming in and out of my apartment to replace my bathtub and ceramic tiles.  I'll be spending the night in Shawville since I won't have a shower until sometime tomorrow.

So while this distraction is going on, I thought I'd add to the chaos by making some banana bread.  I hadn't used my awesome vintage Mixmaster until today, so it was pretty exciting.  The bread is currently in the oven, and I don't have any water to do the dishes, so I figured I'd hang out and write about it!  

I used a basic banana bread recipe, but I took some baker's chocolate and smashed them into chunks, and added them in last.  So it will be banana bread with chocolate chunks!  Tip for making chocolate chunks: put a few squares in a ziplock bag, place the bag on a wooden cutting board, and smash with a hammer.  A rolling pin isn't strong enough if you're just rolling it.  You've really gotta whack the crap out of those chocolate squares!

No comments: