Monday, November 1, 2010

Simple Abundance for October


Yep, I'm still reading it!  Betcha didn't think I'd last this long, huh.  Well, you're kinda right.  I've been reading it as a weekly digest more than a daily read.  But, I think the lessons are still somewhat sinking in.  The month of October has been different than other months.  While other months tackle one of Ban Breathnach's principles (like simplicity, harmony, etc) this month has been sectioned off by weeks.  One week focused on work and career related issues, another on the Cs (compliments, complaints, comparisons, etc) and the last week talked about money - and that's something I can always use a reminder about!  

There was one amazing essay this month that I just have to share.  It centered around Dr. Samuel Johnson's quote: "To be happy at home is the result of all ambition."  Isn't this the most truthful thing you've ever heard?  Isn't it one of the most difficult to follow?  We work our butts off daily away from the home so we can be happy when we walk through the doors.  How many people can say that they've actually achieved that?  For me it's a sometimes 'yes' sometimes 'no' answer.  Sometimes my cares from work follow me in through the doors and keep me up at the desk for far too long.  But, on days when work is hectic, there is no better feeling than walking through the doors and entering sanctuary.

No comments: