Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday - Painting Progress


I'm in the midst of a real painting addiction lately, and I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.  This painting is taking longer than the last, but I'm really enjoying the process.  Most times when I paint, I can't wait until I get to that final result, but with this one, it's more about the journey.  It's going to take a lot of layers, but I'm hoping that it will be worth the time.

On top of being thankful for my creative streak this week, I'm thankful for the great students this week.  We had some great moments, some major breakthroughs. I love the people that I work with.  One of the morahs (Jewish for teacher) at school today said to me: "You know, we're all weird here.  That's why you fit in so well."  I love it!

I read this interesting quote today in an Oprah magazine.  Yes, I know, it's Oprah, and I'm not usually a fan because I think she stands on her soap box a little too often, but the articles in the book looked good. "A fish cannot drown in water.  A bird does not fall in air.  Each creature God made must live in its own true nature."  What a beautiful thought.  

3 comments:

Steph said...

Your painting is lovely and I love that quote. Thank you for sharing it!

Warm wishes,
Stephanie

Judy said...

Thanks for the comment - I like your work. Lots to think about.
I found a quote somewhere by Rachel Naomi Remen - Healing may not be so much about getting better, as about letting go of everything that isn't you - all of the expectations, all of the beliefs - and becoming who you are.

Issysue said...

I think I will have to make that quote part of another post sometime. It does say a lot about my life thus far. Thanks for your comments!