Thursday, December 30, 2010

Vive Audacter


I don't usually make "resolutions" for the new year.  Sometimes I'll make some general goals, sometimes I'll resolve not to resolve.  This year, however, I came across this beautiful statement in a magazine, and I think I can make it my resolution: LIVE PASSIONATELY.  In the magazine it read "live boldly" but I prefer passionately instead.  Of course, the Latin for "live passionately" is VIVE AUDACTER.  It's a motto that I just love.  And it carries so much possibility.  I mean, you can do everything with audacity when you put your heart into it.  Waking up in the morning and drinking coffee can be audacious.  Driving to work can be done with  passion.  Settling down in the evening with a book can be done boldly.  It's all about perception and intention.   

And that's my resolution.  What's yours?  

No comments: