Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Eye of the Beholder

image from Flickr

I had the loveliest coffee and cake date with one of my dearest of friends.  She's been a friend of mine since elementary school and someone with whom I have loved growing up.  She's wise beyond her years, and we always have the most intelligent and open-minded discussions about everything.  We got talking tonight about women friends in our lives who really bring themselves down with negative self-talk.  I can be accused of that sometimes, and sometimes I say words but don't really believe they apply to me.  But tonight, talking with my friend, she truly made me believe in the power of words.  I came across this beautiful quote:

"For every beauty, there is an eye somewhere to see it." Ivan Panin

It's something that women have a hard time believing, but because my year is dedicated to 'Vive Audacter,' I'm going to try to believe it too.  

No comments: