Monday, January 17, 2011

I Wish I Had a Dream

image from dreaming

I'm at that crossroads where I'm not exactly sure which way to go.  I've come to the realization that many of the dreams and plans I had aren't going to come to fruition, and now I'm trying to decide if I'd like to make new ones, or just carry on blissfully without.  I'm sure there are pros and cons for floating through life without dreams.  I'm sure there are pros and cons for throwing oneself headfirst into the abyss armed with maps and a compass so one doesn't lose track of the master plan.  It's the limbo of deciding which way to go that is actually the painful part.

1 comment:

Feminist Farmer's Wife said...

It can be hard to know whether or not things are going to come to fruition. You just never know what some seed you planted from many years ago will amount to!
That said, in my experience, dropping a plan is a sure way to make it happen. Or working hard at one plan is sure to make another more fruitful.
I am slowly coming to accept that our plans just aren't ours to make.
But I think it's a good idea to keep a map and compass handy just for security sake. :) I love the pictures on your blog. Incredible.