Thursday, February 10, 2011

Completely Unexotic

Image from Flickr

I have always disliked the saying: "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence."  It implies that when you get to the other side, you'll look back at what you left behind and realize it was pretty good after all, because now it's the other side.  I think people in general get caught up in what is 'other' or what's exotic.  It's not always a bad thing.  Sometimes the grass really is greener, and what you left behind really did suck.  But sometimes being completely unexotic is a great way to live too.  It's all about perception.  I have some college friends that are living a jet-setting kind of life travelling about.  I have some old high school chums that have gone to school in foreign countries.  But me, I'm completely unexotic.  I like to spend my time in a small town with nothing to do but hang out with the people that can't help but love you cause you're family.

No comments: