Thursday, February 10, 2011

Painting in Progress - Grandmother's Painting Begins; or What Does Canvas Have to Say?


I've finally started the painting for my grandmother.  The blank canvas has been staring at me for what seems like forever.  Tonight I started the sky.  And in the very wise words of my grandmother, when you do something to a painting, you've got to set it up somewhere and look at it for a while.  I always find that a canvas will tell you what it wants to become.  When I stared at the blank canvas for a while, I could eventually see the painting it could be.  That's when I knew it was time to start.  Now I'm going to stare at the sky for a while and find out what else it has to say.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I came back to search for beginning post of this series. I saw the last ones you've done and I wanted to see where you started.

I like what you wrote here. I loved the lines "a canvas will tell you what it wants to become." This is so true...even of writing.

I love what you done with this:~)