Friday, February 4, 2011

Someone Else Said It Better

Image from Flickr

Remember that post where I was whining about being unsure if I wanted to make goals for myself seeing as they don't often turn out how I plan them?  It's here.  Anyways... I found someone who else said it better.  And he wrote a little Idiot's Guide on how to do it.

Leo Babauta - if you haven't heard of him, check out Zen Habits - has been writing about living a simple life since 2007, and helping other people through his posts.  I've been following along for about a year, but I found his post called 'The Best Goal is No Goal' at just the right time.  I particularly enjoy this tidbit: "What do you do, then? Lay around on the couch all day, sleeping and watching TV and eating Ho-Hos? No, you simply do. You find something you’re passionate about, and do it. Just because you don’t have goals doesn't mean you do nothing — you can create, you can produce, you can follow your passion."  Rather than get caught on the hamster wheel of obsessing about where I am in life... I can just do, and do it passionately.  And that's what vive audacter is all about.

For the entire post, click here.

No comments: