Friday, March 18, 2011

Cause I'm Your Dentist....


The latest craze with my student is 80s movies, and this week, it's specifically 'Little Shop of Horrors.'  He's loving Steve Martin's dentist character, and seriously - what's not to love.  He's so heinous... hard to believe it's the same actor that played a rich, suave, middle-aged man who wooed Claire Danes in 'Shop Girl,' - or the banjo-wielding Bluegrass singer.  I also love how my student enjoys interesting things: 80s movies, classic rock music, sushi, and the list goes on.  I was thinking yesterday, while I was driving, that when kids are young, it's not cool to have diverse interests - you've got to follow the pack.  But when you get older, you're considered cool.  I wish kids could see how cool my students are the way I do.

No comments: