Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday - A Date with Mommy

Tonight, my mother and I participated in a fused glass workshop offered by one of her favourite stained glass supply shops.  Tonight was the first of two nights - we made decorative dishes - and next week we're making pendants.  It was so nice to be able to do something creative with Mom.  We had an awesome dinner first and then spent the rest of the evening learning about how glass fuses in the kiln, and then making our own pattern.



This is my pattern - I wanted to do something in lavender to match what my new bedroom will be like.  I can't wait to see the finished product next Thursday!

And another great layer to a great day: I spent the day in a workshop and ran into an old friend and colleague.  It was great to be able to catch up and see how we're both doing in our work.  It was awesome!  A day filled with happiness... there's nothing better!

No comments: