Saturday, March 19, 2011

Triptych?

I've decided that I want to paint a triptych for my bedroom in my new apartment.  I just have no idea what to do.  I know that my bedroom walls are going to be a really soft lavender - almost grey.  My bedspread is a damask print in yellow.  So having yellow and lavender - or something that compliments those colours - is a priority.  And I love all the pictures below.  I would definitely love some ideas and input - even from the regular blog-stalkers who never comment!  You know who you are!

All of these pictures can be found on my Favourites page on Flickr, and then linked back to their owners.






2 comments:

Jen said...

I like the 2nd one! Skyscapes and seascapes are peaceful and infinite, calming, promising... my 2 cents! (plus the lavender and oranges are just so amazing together!)

Melissa said...

I like the second one as well... and I've also since decided to make it a diptych... at Dodo's suggestion. She likes the fourth one... I still have no idea which! Although I'm going to start a pastel project first, and do this painting once I get moved into the new apartment and get a feel for what I'd like over my bed.