Saturday, April 23, 2011

It's Back: Small Cool 2011


My very favourite decor contest is back!  Apartment Therapy's Small Cool 2011 launched earlier in the month, and submissions are now over.  I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get to submit photos of my new place, but seeing as it is still in 'placement' mode, I doubt I could submit anything of worth.  I'm going to wait until the summer and take a whole load of pics and get ready for next year!

So I've been through all the submissions, and I'm going to say that although there really are some terrific submissions, there really isn't a stand-out this year.  In fact, most of the entries, in my definitely-not-expert opinion, seem a little lackluster.  It's been a little disappointing.  I've been able to pick out my favourites - and I know that I have a clear style which I prefer - but it's not so easy for me to find a place that I absolutely want to emulate as I have in past years.

The month ahead will be great, though.  I'm looking forward to the voting and seeing what trends emerge!

No comments: