Monday, April 4, 2011

A Little Behind the Times!


I'm well behind my regular (almost) twice a day posts.  Basically, I'm in the process of moving, and I don't have regular internet access.  This is kind of a pain considering the amount of posts I usually make!  My Emily Dickinson Project has been completely ignored over the last two weeks.  Hopefully I'll get to spend a bit of time updating that sooner than later.

The last two Thursday evenings, my mother and I took a course on glass fusing.  We got to make plate on our first night - ours both turned out pretty cool - and the final night was making jewelry pendants.  The above picture is the inside of the small, jewelry kiln.  Mine are the circles.  They are green with little purple flowers inside, and I think they look fantastic.  Mom's turned out pretty awesome too.  It was a great bonding experience.  We got to eat-out just the two of us, and we got to explore Ikea and look at furniture possibilities for my new place.

As for my new place, I'll hopefully be able to post pictures soon.  My brother and I painted this past weekend - we worked out a pretty good system, and he's not that bad once he gets going.  Now I just need to figure out what colour to paint the main room!

No comments: