Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Romancing Miss Bronte by Juliet Gael


I don't seem to have the same reading speed this past month.  I've been in the process of moving, which is becoming more and more of an excuse for not doing the things I love, and it's eating up almost all of my time.  Anyways, I just finished a beautiful, beautiful read that I grabbed at my local library, and it's a must for any Bronte fan.  I really can't say enough about this story.  It's a novelization of Charlotte Bronte's life, but Gael plays the story very, very close to fact.  I appreciate that, and loved it all the more.  Charlotte has always been a fascination of mine.  I know that many people hold Emily as the great genius, and by reading this story, so does Gael, but Charlotte was an intellect to be reckoned with.  And I will say, and unrivaled intellect because I don't think any author - prolific or less - has been able to touch her sense of a woman's psyche.

No comments: