Saturday, May 28, 2011

Good Golly! It's the Great Glebe Garage Sale!

Today, despite the drizzly weather, my brother, one of my friends, and I went back into the city for the Great Glebe Garage Sale.  As usual, it didn't disappoint!  At our first stop, I snapped up a breakfast-in-bed tray that I'm going to do a mosaic design on.  It's pretty cute.  I also snapped up a purse (shocking, I know), some old handkerchiefs, a two-tier cookie tray (it's got the cutest Victorian lady design), and my favourite find of all: an old fold-up cot.  When I was a little girl on the farm, I had one in my bedroom set up as a daybed.  I loved it, and it went by the wayside over the years.  I've finally snagged this one for five dollars.  Now I just need to make a mattress for it, but my mom is already on that project.

My brother fared the best of us all.  He got an old suitcase (he loves that sort of thing), a silver plate with somethin-er-other engraved on it, a print of a WWI airplane, and a clock made out of a small record.  It's his best find of the day, and I think it's going to look awesome in his room.  He also bought himself a newsboy cap that I've been egging him on to buy for ages.  





On the way home, we stopped and took some pictures of this old torn-down house.  I love the foundation and stone chimney.  It would have been a cool house in its day.  And I also snapped a picture of these cows. Not your regular Pontiac County breed - in fact I'm not sure what breed they are, but they looked pretty cool.  I love the way they tilt their heads up to get a better look at you.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I saw those cows and thought they looked like mini rhinos. ROger thought I was nuts, as he was driving and didn't see them. We must find out what they are!