Thursday, May 26, 2011

Painting in Progress - Smoky Evening Day Two


I've started the sky this evening.  I'm stopping here and will resume tomorrow with the rest of the background.  It's not my typical sunny sky kinda painting.  It's going to be a dark sky - almost rain - and I'm hoping that when I'm finished, I'll be able to smell that 'just before the rain' smell that fills the air.  The picture that I'm using doesn't have a very clearly defined sky, so I'm probably going to be winging a lot of this painting which is something I don't often do.  I try to stay true to the picture I'm painting from, but I just don't have that choice this time around.  It's got me a little scared, but also excited about the potential of my own growing skill.  I think I can... I think I can... I think I can...

1 comment:

Julia Cates said...

wow. i like painting.
Share more and more paintings.
Thanks
Teacher Resume