Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thankful Thursday - After a Hellish Day

Image from Flickr

Do you ever wonder if God has just packed up - loaded the truck with all the good stuff and said "to Hell with this shit" and bolted?  I guess I'm wondering why bad things happen to good people.  And how, when someone else makes a string of bad choices, that the real victim ends up being someone completely innocent?  Doesn't seem fair, does it?   Someone told me today to have faith because God is working.  I'm still a Doubting Thomas.

I keep trying to pull a lesson out of this.  I'm seeing my parents in a different light.  I'm seeing them as the most beautiful and caring people, and I look at them both with a sense of admiration that I might have never felt.  My mom and I talked about this tonight, actually.  Just in time for Mother's Day, she has found an incredible appreciation for her children.  We gave thanks, her and I, for the lives that we've led because now we know it could have been so much worse.  

Ok, I get it now.  God is working.  Maybe He's not painting a billboard sign at the highway with his intentions even though I really wish He would.  Maybe, if I look at this picture in another light, He's unloading the truck and rolling up His sleeves and grabbing a hammer.  

1 comment:

Jen said...

Beautiful post...very well expressed and I'm overwhelmed at you and your parents' kindness and perseverance, God Bless.