Saturday, July 23, 2011

Cows

Image by me, Summer 2011, Shawville, QC

I love cows.  Everyone who knows me knows that.  When I started teaching about six years ago, I kinda gave up cows.  Sure, once a year I'd spend some time at the local fair and help out with some cows, but it was never the same big deal that it once was.  A few weeks ago, I decided that since I've got a bit more time this summer, I'd start hanging out with some cows again.  I didn't realize how much I missed being near cows on a more regular basis.  I guess it's in my DNA or something to be naturally drawn to these animals, but I really do love the calmness of being in the barns.  I used to always say that milking cows is the most relaxing job.  Ok, maybe it's not so relaxing, but I certainly feel as though there are a lot less troubles upon my shoulders when I leave.  

No comments: