Sunday, July 3, 2011

Painting in Progress - Smokey Evening Day Five


When I sit down and devote time to this project, I don't feel as though I'm getting as much done during one sitting as I have been with previous paintings... but then I realized there are two canvases!  Those hills in the background are giving me a terrible time.  First they were dark gray, then had a touch of lavender, then they went a little more yellow, then lighter green, and now back to the gray.  I'm thinking that's where they're going to stay.  As for the field in the foreground, I just layered in some watery paint to give it some grounding while I begin to work on the woman standing in the field.  I'm looking forward to putting her in the painting and then working on the flowers in the field.  It's gonna be awesome!

No comments: