Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Painting in Progress - Smokey Evening Day Six


It's always at this part that I start to get nervous.  When I start to add the flat colour outlines to the main subject in my paintings, I just seem to lose all my confidence.  I'm trying to keep focused this time, though.  I applied a pretty thick first layer of paint to cover some of the green that I have to paint over.  I gained a great deal of experience on the last big acrylic project that I did, and I've been recalling that as I've been working this evening.    I have to keep reminding myself that this is just the beginning of the figure - and there's lots left to come!

And yes, this is still a two-canvas project, but the main figure is only on the left canvas, so I'm only working on that right now.

No comments: