Sunday, August 21, 2011

Kittens!!

For those of you who don't know me, I have a strong predisposition towards being a Cat Lady.  I really do.  When I was a little girl, I would crawl up in the hay loft after a mother cat and follow her all over just to see if I could find her little nest.  Things haven't changed so much.  I still love kittens.

My aunt has a crazy dog.  It found a litter and ever so gently picked them up in his jaws and brought them to the farmhouse.  Once the mother-cat realized what had happened, her kittens just didn't smell right, so she left my aunt take over nursing duties.  The four wee babies currently reside in the laundry basket.

I would so take them all home except Ruby would eat one as an appetizer, two for dinner and the last one for dessert.  I got to bottle feed them this morning.  They really are much safer at my aunt's!





No comments: