Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday Meditations: Upon Getting In It To Get Something Good

Image taken by me, August 2011, Clarendon QC

I decided to bring my camera with me to chores this morning - it was something I wanted to do when I did chores at a place that had a beautiful morning vista and never got around to it - but I figured I'd catch something nice today.  The little lady above is a twin.  Her sister is a carbon copy, except that her spots are red.  It's really cute.  

This lady kept posing in the cutest ways, but every time I clicked the shutter button, she'd move and the shot would get blurred.  So I crawled down on all fours as low as I could get - another calf eating my overalls - and I could smell that unmistakable odour of freshly mushed calf-crap.  Freshly mushed by my arm, that is.  Then she stopped and stared long enough for me to get something good.  

It occurred to me that sometimes you have to really crawl around in it to get something good.  I mean, think of all the times you've had to do something that you didn't want to, but the end result made it all worthwhile.  When I got up and wiped the calf-crap off my arm, she was still staring at me with those big dark eyes.  I'm not sure if she was thinking she got the best of me with the crap trick, or that she'd finally get the opportunity to eat in peace.  Either way, her crap led to something good.

No comments: