Monday, September 12, 2011

Sibling Revelry: Weekend Craftiness

The following post is linked on Funky Junk Interiors SNS#99


Sunday afternoon, while everyone else was at a church service, my brother, the dog and I sat out on the balcony with paints and created bookmarks.  Above are the end results with mine on the top row and William's on the bottom.  He had never used watercolour paints before, so we had to have a little instruction on basic mixing techniques.




I think the bookmarks turned out remarkably well, and Mom thinks we should make more.  It was a great way to use up some not-so-great watercolour paper, and jewelry charms that I've been hanging onto for the past few years.  I think the cool charms are what really make the bookmarks interesting!  And it was a pretty great way to spend an afternoon.

No comments: