Thursday, September 15, 2011

Stories from the Vinyl Cafe


I can't believe I hadn't read this sooner!  It's such a fun read in the tradition of Leacock's 'Sunshine Sketches,' but less idyllic and more ideal.  When I was in the library picking up a few books I wanted to read, I saw a few by McLean on the shelf and realized that he is one lad I should be reading since I'm crazy into Can Lit.  This collection was better than I expected.  It's like reading a slice of life from any small town in the country.  Fantastic.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Isn't this just a great book!? I have it in my personal library and pull it out every couple of years or so to read again. Do you ever listen to his program? It is on CBC RADIO (92.5) Sundays at noon.

Melissa said...

I've never heard the radio program, and I'll definitely have to check it out. I was in love with this book!