Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday Meditations: Upon To Cat or Not To Cat


I have a strong predisposition for being a Cat Lady.  I know I've said that before, and I will probably be saying it at least a million times more.  I recently stumbled across this awesome picture of me when I was about 2 1/2 years old, sitting on the front porch of my home, calico cat in hand trying desperately to escape my grip.  It was the kitten I was promised when I got potty-trained.  

Now that I've been spending some time at my aunt and uncles and watching these motherless kittens grow up so dependent on humans for everything, I kinda want one.  This one in particular.  I even have a name sorta picked out for him: Hopkins, after my favourite poet, Gerard Manley Hopkins.  

The issue is that every other person in my life thinks I do not need another cat.  I have an awesome cat whom I totally love: Little Miss Ruby Lou Two Shoes.  She is pretty awesome.  And she's not generally a fan of other animals although she tolerates the dog.  I'm just not sure she could tolerate another cat.  

So, I'm trying to decide if I should cat, or not cat.  My heart says yes, but my head says no.

No comments: