Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Image taken by me, Sept 2011, Shawville QC

It's been a long time since I have posted - it's been a crazy week.  I've been sick - pneumonia again - and we also had our local fair.  This was the first year I didn't take a ridiculous amount of pictures.  I was too busy, and when I wasn't busy I was coughing.  Every year, I help out family show cattle, and after the beating my health took this year, I may have to go into retirement again!  But I'm sure come the end of August next year, I'll be gearing up all over again.  I wouldn't know what to do with myself otherwise.

But, when I looked out my window this evening, I saw the most beautiful sunset of pink clouds, so I slipped out onto the balcony to snap a few pictures.  Even when you're feeling cruddy, there are some things of beauty in the world that must be appreciated.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh Melissa, I'm so sorry to hear you are sick. I used to get hit in the lungs a lot, but since pouring the Vit.D into myself I'm rarely sick.
Wasn't that some sunset tonight! I took a couple of photos of it as well.
get better soon!
karen