Friday, September 9, 2011

Vignette


I have a lot of cute little vignettes throughout my apartment, and this is definitely one of my favourites.  Upon my little, white secretary desk sits a small menagerie of items which interest me.  I hope to always be able to change it up as my mood strikes.

The two teacups are gifts from my grandmother.  They were gifts to her at her wedding shower in 1958, so they are over 50 years old and are a lightness I have never felt in any other china.  The silhouette picture is one of my favourite acquisitions.  The silhouette is reverse painted on convex glass, and set before a background.  This is the most unique one in my collection.  In front of that sits a bone.  Not sure what animal it's from, or what part of the body, but it's an interesting shape.  And, of course, my copy of Apartment Therapy's Small, Cool Spaces book.  Love that one. 

I can't wait until later in the Fall when I bring in my little items from the balcony and make a few more throughout the apartment!

No comments: