Saturday, October 8, 2011

Bead Fest


I've only been working on this project for about three years.  With beading - and sometimes with painting - I'll start a project, and then get tired of it and set it aside.  Days, months, years pass... and then a night like tonight comes along when I say to Mom: "Nothing is on TV tonight.  How about I bring over my bead stuff and we just play?"  So, I brought over every box, bag, tin, container that contains bead work and it all got spread on the dining room table.

The green necklace is the result of a vintage mash-up of sorts.  I think the pendant was a scarf clip at one time.  The clasp was also part of another necklace, and I'm thinking it was something with lots of pearls.  I found some lovely green beads that sort of look like beach glass, so that bead is on the end of the clasp.  I was originally going to give this one away, but I really, really love it!

No comments: