Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sassy Saturday: Can You Spot the Fakes?


Yesterday, my mother suggested that I check out some fake foliage for my dying window boxes.  I had hot pink geraniums in them throughout the summer, and in the last couple of weeks, they haven't been looking so great.  So they got pulled and replaced with the above mixture of fall colours.

But guess where I got all this great fake-ness???  The local dollar store.  I've never been a fan of fakes - and most of their stock is very, very fake - but after I finished with the boxes, I thought they looked not too shabby.  Although, when you look at the boxes from street level, it looks like a maple tree barfed on my balcony.


And in the bedroom, I even managed to find something that compliments the colour-scheme.  And surprisingly enough, the fakes don't look that fake!  The owners of the building I live in have fakes in the hallways, and they look rather lovely - so if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me too!

No comments: