Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Artful Wednesday: Remind Me Ring 2.0


Some of you may remember my interest in this ring that's made from wire and meant to look like a string tied 'round your finger.  I love the concept, and I've made myself one.  It got some good reviews from friends.  A friend of mine has a daughter who has a bad habit of walking on her tip-toes.  Jokingly, her brother said that she needs a Remind-Me ring, so I set out to make one that's more child-friendly.

Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of the attempt.  It's made from beaded wire - I thought the plain wire wouldn't be very child-friendly and I had visions of her taking an eye out with it.  I used dark purple glass beads to make the band.  Then I made a little bow out of purple seed beads strung onto wire and twisted that into place.  It looked lovely, and she loved it!  Now, the real test will be whether or not it reminds her not to toe-walk!

No comments: