Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson


What an unexpectedly amazing book!  This is not at all what I was expecting when I read the first page and found that the main character was a rather shady man of a dubious past, who may have been entirely deserving of his consequence.  But as I got more and more involved in his story, and his stories, the more I became enamored with the complex emotional range of this novel.  There were times when I was double checking to see if this author is really Canadian because this is not your typical Can Lit by any stretch of the imagination.  It was amazing - although not for everyone - but amazing nonetheless. 

2 comments:

John Mutford said...

I must be the last Canadian not to read this book. So many books, so little time...

Jules said...

Nope John, your not the last. I haven't read it ether, it's on the TBR list, and am bumping it up.