Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mrs. King by Charlotte Gray


I don't often read non-fiction, and I hardly ever read biographies, but because the Canada Reads 2012 list is out, and it's entirely comprised of biographies, I grabbed the first I saw in our local library.  I will say that I'm still not a great fan of biographies, but this one was pretty good.  I am not a great follower of politics.  I do know of Mackenzie King,  but not much more other than he was a Prime Minister.  Reading the biography of his mother was certainly an insight into the lives of people in the early years of our country, and some of the politics behind that.  

1 comment:

Buried In Print said...

I've had this one on my TBR shelf for awhile because I absolutely loved her book Sisters in the Wilderness. Like you, non-fiction isn't my first choice, but her narrative style made me realize that I have just been thinking textbooks when I've been thinking non-fiction...I just need to forget that and choose the interesting ones!