Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Painting in Progress: Farm Silhouette Finished!


This seems almost too easy.  I put the small, 8x10 canvases into the window panes so I could sketch the farm.  Then I removed them, placed them on an art board so they were elevated, and first painted the orange sky.  Then I worked on the mix of colours for the clouds.  I'm not completely thrilled with the clouds, but the ones in the picture were so surreal.  I traced the barn silhouette with a smaller brush, and stippled in the trees, followed by the flat shadow of the land.  Below is the finished product nailed into the window panes.


My next move is to give it a glossy varnish.  I don't have one that's particularly shiny, so I may have to pick something up.  Altogether, I think this project took about an hour and a half.  Scary, huh.  I could be rolling out the art if I did this every other night!

2 comments:

Karen said...

WOW< I am impressed! It's beautiful.

Melissa said...

Thank you so much, Karen. I've had a lot of great responses to this. I've posted it on my Facebook as well, and I've had a lot of offers despite it not being for sale!!