Monday, November 21, 2011

Trauma Farm by Brian Brett


Brett is a writer I've never heard of before, but he has penned his memoirs of his life on a farm in rural British Columbia.  Since I love stories of rural life, I thought I'd for sure enjoy this one... well, not particularly.  Brett spent most of his time recalling the history of rural life rather than his experiences, and proselytizing the follies of modern agriculture rather than... well, relating his own experiences.  In all cases, it wasn't so much of a memoir as it was an opinion piece.  Unfortunately, his opinion is one that I heartily disagree with, since I work most weekends on one of those "factory farms" he so despises.  I'm not going to spout off my opinions - I think I've had enough of opinions.  I'm going back to fiction for a while.

No comments: