Saturday, December 3, 2011

Painting in Progress: Changing Titles


When I first saw the picture that gave me the inspiration for this painting, the title "Best Friends Forever" came to mind immediately.  I thought it would be a perfect friendship portrait.  But now I've gotten this far, and it has taken on a totally different meaning to me now.  I think, rather than being about best friends, it's about sisters.  So that's what this painting is going to be called.  I also have an identical window, and I'm going to think of a silhouette kind of painting with a "brothers" theme.  The girls in this painting remind me of these two sisters that go to my church.  Interestingly enough, there are two brothers in the family as well.  I'm thinking of borrowing the whole family for inspiration!

No comments: