Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Image by Sarah Yusko

I haven't written one of these posts in a while.  Sometimes I forget that I should be thankful daily.  It's tough to find something every day.  It's not as though I'm not thankful for anything, but it's hard to come up with something different each day - and I think that's important.  Yes, I'm always thankful for my family, friends, coworkers, etc and so on, but that's a no brainer.  What maintains thankfulness in one's soul is the ability to find the wonder and beauty in the day's minutia.

Tonight I had a lovely dinner with one of my dearest friends.  We've managed to keep close regardless of years and locations.  At times, I've taken for granted that she lives so close.  This week coming, she's moving far away.  I'm going to miss her like crazy, and I'm thankful for our friendship.  She really grounds me with her advice and humour.  I'm thankful for our conversations.  

So that will be the day's thankfulness: effortless conversation.

No comments: