Monday, January 9, 2012

Painting in Progress: The Harvest Queen


I've just finished sketching out a new pastel painting.  It's been a while since I've done anything specific to my own tastes like this.  Lately, my paintings have been those landscape scenes that seem to really impress people.  Don't get me wrong, I like them too, but I enjoy painting renderings from artistic pictures so much more.  This one is from a Five Foto Friday post I did a while ago, and I've wanted to paint it in pastel for a while.  I even have a frame all ready for it.  

I'm also going to be taking this painting much more slowly than I do my other paintings. I try to rush through things - get to the result as soon as I can.  That's just the kind of person I am.  I sketched tonight, and it took a lot of restraint to not break out the pastels and start layering in the colour for her dress.  But I stopped.  I took a few pictures.  I drank some cool water.  I got my clothes ready for work tomorrow.  And it will still be there tomorrow too.

No comments: