Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sassy Saturday: Travels for the Nostalgic

This weekend, we celebrated my birthday and also my step-father's.  We had been wanting to visit Upper Canada Village for several years now, and today was the last day for the "Alight at Night" Christmas display.  On our way there, however, we were waylaid by an awesome antique shop.

Aubrey's Antiques & Nostalgia was a fantastic little stop-over on our way.  We didn't buy anything - it was hard for me not too, especially when there were so many interesting things: Hardy Boys tin lunch box, a wooden Indian to greet you at the door - and try to sell you some cigars - I enjoyed the old rocking horse.  It reminds me of The Velveteen Rabbit - my favourite childhood story.

William had a heyday, as per usual.  He found some old gas pumps in pretty great condition - William loves anything related to the early gas and oil industry since that's where our grandfather and great-grandfather made their marks on our community.

 





 

No comments: