Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sassy Saturday: Winter Wreath Making


Some fun times had this afternoon with everyone busy making crafty things!  Mom made the beautiful wreath above for Valentine's Day - puffy hearts with pinked edges, burgundy berries and iridescent buttons.  I just love it.  My project was a bit more ambitious, even though it was smaller in size: 


I have been wanting to make a book-page wreath ever since I saw one online.  But as I looked for tutorials on the wreath, I found this lovely idea for making roses out of book pages.  The tutorial I used is here.  It takes a lot of work to make the roses.  I had seen some wreathes that were entirely made of these flowers, but I'm glad I only did three.  Any more and it would have been a much longer project!  I ended up making the roses too large for my wreath, so I had to lop off some petals, but the end result turned out pretty good:


Now to just hang the thing on the door!  I just took down the Christmas-themed wreath last week and it was looking awful bare.  I'm glad that I was able to engineer its replacement.

No comments: