Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Image from Pinterest

This past week, I had the chance to stop by a school I used to work at, and get some much needed love from some of the coolest kids.  I didn't realize just how much I missed them all until I was there, or how fast I fell back into the familiar routines.  Sometimes I wish I could turn back time and have stayed, but I'm glad that I am where I am now.

When you carefully nurture something, and then get the chance to watch it grow and thrive... that's thankfulness.  I'm teaching a student who is making the most incredible gains which I thought would be impossible.  But, the word itself says "I'm Possible" and so she is.

When I leave one student to move on to another, I always feel as though it will be hard for me to love the new as much as I loved the old.  I am always pleasantly mistaken.  Each time I take on a new student, with new challenges, I learn to love him or her just as much as all the ones who came before.  They all become the little eggs in my nest of fond memories.  

No comments: