Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Artful Wednesday: Keely Finnegan

East Tennessee native, Keely Finnegan's work is inspired by her surroundings.  Her landscapes of the rolling Blue Ridge Mountains in their various seasons are vivid but calm.  I love the tones she has created in her watercolour landscape series, and the flowing leaf motif that runs through all her work.

She doesn't limit herself to mountains.  What drew me to her work originally was the series of painted driftwood.  I like the idea of creating with found objects, and she brings her minimalism to the driftwood with her subtle design.

Ms. Finnegan also maintains a beautiful tumblr blog, so I hope you can all go and admire!





1 comment:

Maria at inredningsvis.se said...

Thanks for so sweet words on my blog and Im so happy to inspire you:)
I hope you paint your chairs soon:)

LOVE Maria