Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Meditations: Upon Illumination of the Soul


It has been a long, long time since I've blogged.  I'm talking almost a month of blog-cation.  And, I'll admit, my soul felt a little dark.  It has been tough to come up with things worthy of sharing.  Now, don't go thinking that I've dyed my hair black and have gone to the dark side - oh, no - but rather had not the time or inclination to share the really mundane things happening in my day to day life.

This past week, I found out that I have a certain security in my life, and it ignited a small flicker that I had extinguished.  I shared a secret, I gained trust, I felt appreciated.  All amazing things that I was so craving.  When it has been a while since you've felt appreciated, you can burn out quickly.  And so the flame did - alas, it is burning once more.

I guess that's what does it for me.  Knowing that what I do in my day to day life is appreciated by someone. Having clients tell me that my work is valuable to them and is making a difference is what stokes the flame of my soul.  It validates my purpose when my head feels out of the game.  

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Glad to have you back. I was missing your posts.