Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday


Last week I took some much needed "me" time and spent a few days in the middle of nowhere with nothing more than a wood fire and my paints to keep me company.  At first it was a big adjustment, but once I got over the shock of it all, I really enjoyed the quiet moments.

I was able to be very productive, and very reflective.  I managed to get four paintings done, which was quite the accomplishment considering I hadn't worked on anything since August.  

The cabin that I rented was only an hour away from home, but it was in a location I had never really traveled to before.  Sometimes all you need is a change of scenery to change your frame of mind.  That really did it for me.  No TV, no internet, no phone - not even a microwave - and a teeny-tiny hot water tank!  At night, when it was getting too late to paint, I'd build a roaring fire and read - or just watch the flames.  The peace and quiet was priceless.

And I definitely plan on returning.

1 comment:

Carrie's Catchall Cachepot said...

Sounds like the perfect retreat!