Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful Thursday

                                      Source: leastlittlething.tumblr.com via Melissa on Pinterest

Sometimes it's really, really hard to come up with something to be thankful for.  I mean, it seems as though every time I turn on the news or the radio, I'm hearing another story about a country being bombed to bits, pedestrians being struck by cars, teenagers driven to suicide because of bullying, and the list is endless.

I've been reading a lot of Gabby Bernstein's writing lately.  It dawned on me that I had been doing something that was wrecking my peace.  I was always looking for the negative.  I was choosing the negative.  I know we say we try to focus on the positive and that it can be rather hard sometimes, but I didn't quite realize just how often I was going into a place where darkness came first.  It was completely subconscious. 

So what now?  Sometimes just knowing you do something is enough to start the change.  I can see myself going down that path and stop myself and choose to see the light and love in a situation, or person, or whatever I have gotten myself into - and really, I can get myself into a lot.  

But it takes un-learning.  Little kids don't automatically assume the negative in everything.  We get jaded along the way.  But I'm trying to get back to that place where my toes can be filthy, my fingers can be calloused, the hens are my only audience, and I've not a care in the wonderful world because it's all light. 

No comments: