Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday Meditations: Upon (Maybe?) Finished Paintings


I spent an hour this evening finishing up a painting I had left since early November.  I actually set it up on my easel in the middle of the room hoping that walking by it enough would inspire me to finish it.  My show at the local cafe is in November of this year, and I figure I have to do at least two paintings per month to have enough.  I'd like to do a bunch of pastels - this is one - if only the frames weren't so expensive!

Anyways, the title of this particular painting is: "Awake My Soul."  I'm not sure if it's finished yet.  I may blend in the sky.  So it's going to go to bed with me (for those who are new readers, I set my paintings up across from my bed so it's the last thing I see at night, and the first thing I see in the morning.  It helps to gain perspective.)

No comments: