Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Clandestine Coffee House

                    Source: coffee-tea-and-sympathy.tumblr.com viaMelissa on Pinterest

I spend a lot of time in coffee shops with my computer working madly at lesson plans.  It's what happens when you don't have a real "office," and you work better away from home.  There have been a few times where I've been in a Starbucks and have been stuck without a table, or even worse... all the chairs are taken.   But there have been a few glorious times when someone will catch my eye, offer me the seat at the table with them, and we make small talk while I peck away at my computer.  I think that's Starbucks' way of making the world a better place - secretly squirreling away extra tables and chairs, forcing strangers to share and make friends.  I mean, isn't a cup of coffee better with company anyways?

No comments: